S Cowle Electrical can assist you in the installation of any or all parts of your electrical requirements.
Please contact us for any help and advice required.
S Cowle Electrical Ltd are Registered Members of ECA Reg No. 107010
ELECSA PART P Approved Contractor
Company Registration Number in England and Wales 1204553 VAT No. 282 7713 38
Why has Part P been introduced?
Part P has been introduced in order to:
- reduce the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused by faulty electrical installations
- make life harder for ‘cowboys’ to leave electrical installations in an unsafe condition
Why should I use a Competent Person?
A firm registered as a ‘competent person’:
- Can deal with all the new rules for you.
- Is qualified to carry out electrical work to BS 7671, the national safety standard
- Will give you a certificate to confirm their work follows the new rules
Using a ‘competent person’ ensures that:
- You do not have to pay Building Control charges
- You have the option of taking out an insurance-backed guarantee for the work
- You have access to a formal complaints procedure if you are not happy with the work
Part P of the building regulations has been introduced to protect the consumer:
- To reduce the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused by faulty electrical installations
- To make it harder for ‘cowboys’ to leave electrical installations in an unsafe condition
If you decide against using a registered firm to carry out any work for you, bear in mind the following points:
- There is no guarantee that the electrical installation is safe
- You will have no official record of the work you’ve had carried out
- You may have difficulty selling your home if you do not have the right electrical safety certificates
- Your local authority’s Building Control Department may insist that you put right any faulty work
Failing to comply with the Building Regulations is a criminal offence; however, registration with a Competent Person scheme is not compulsory. If you decide to use a firm that has not registered as a Competent Person, you must ensure that the firm has submitted notification of the work and arranged for it to be inspected and certified by your local authority’s Building Control Department on completion.
Services We Offer – not exhaustive
Please click the left hand links for further information
- Replacement sockets
- Outside lighting
- Free Estimates